Anime vs Manga
There are many differences between the Anime and Manga, but there are some things that are the same. Hotaru’s case is a bit complicated between the Anime and Manga
- 1. Hotaru has an amulet from her mother in the Manga, but not in the Anime
- 2. The past of Saturn is explored more in detail then the Anime especially about the Moon Kingdom and she is the one who dropped the Glaive. But in the Anime it shows Queen Serenity saving everyone with the Imperial Silver Crystal.
- 3. Hotaru kills her father in the Manga when she turns into a diamon.
- 4. Sailor Saturn is awakened by the three talismans when in the Anime the three talismans needed to form the Holy Grail.
- 5. Hotaru’s father dies in the Manga after the S series, but in the Anime Hotaru’s father is healed and lives with his daughter.
- 6. When Saturn uses “Death Reborn Revolution” it is show in much more detail then in the Anime
- 7. In the end of the S Haruka, Michiru, and Setsuna take off to take care of Hotaru after she was reborn, but in the Anime Hotaru’s father is the one who cares for her as a baby.
- 8. Hotaru is in the SuperS series during the Manga, but not in the Anime
- 9. In the Stars Saturn is in her Eternal Form in the Manga.
- 10. Saturn is the one who saves the Amazon Quartet, by presenting them to Neo Queen Serenity to free them. The Amazon Quartet weren’t evil though. They are Senshi who were suppose to be sleeping until Chibi-Usa becomes a Senshi in the future, and fights alone.
- 11. During the SuperS she is the one who gives the Outer Senshi they new power – their heart crystals.
- 12. Hotaru plays the violin in the Manga, and when she plays the violin she has visions about things.
- 13. In the Stars of the Manga Saturn does become one of the evil Senshi who works for Galaxia.
- 14. In the Manga Hotaru attends the same school as ChibiUsa during the Stars.
- 15. In the manga, Hotaru has cyborgnetic parts, as explained in Act 30.
There are more differences between the Anime and Manga, but at the moment I can’t think of any more. By just those you can tell that the Manga is a lot different then the Anime. Even though the story line is the same it isn’t all the same.